After all that has gone down in the past few days—post camp, oh and the posting of a week’s worth of hand written blog posts, I think today is a good day to post some additions to my list of 100 things.
35. I’m the biggest little kid at heart. I still sleep with a teddy every night—her name is ‘Princess’ because she wears a Disney Princess t-shirt—this is probably because of #10. From time to time (and by that I mean any time I can) I still watch all my old Disney VHS tapes. You should have seen me when I saw Disney on Ice—this was in January.
36. I detest folding laundry—I think it has something to do with being a compulsive perfectionist.
37. I often procrastinate certain things. This is only because I know that once I start something, I won’t finish it until it’s complete. So in a sense, procrastinating is my way of saving myself.
38. I’m still deciding whether it is a gift or a curse, but as long as my brain is not idle and I have something else to worry about, I rarely let heartache get in the way. It’s as if I have the ability to put up walls.
39. I have a huge heart—I love making people smile. I like throwing surprise parties, and baking cakes. When it comes to birthdays and other gift giving holidays, I spend a lot of time finding gifts that mean something, and if I can’t find that one perfect gift, I like to compile a bunch of stuff together—for my friend Katie’s graduation, I made her a huge ‘College Survival Kit’—it was a ton of fun. I also spent two months searching for my dad’s Father’s Day gift. That kind of stuff just makes me happy.
40. I regrettably admit that in the first few moments I am faced with something which seems out of my control, I meltdown for a minute. I can say with confidence though that I almost always find a way to gain back control.
41. Most days, I prefer sweet and sugary candy to chocolate.
42. I am a fiery and passionate Yankee fan—although I was born and raised this way, it really developed after spending my first year at college in Rhode Island (the land of Red Sox fans).
43. After my trip to France and Spain—I discovered that I love to travel. Right now, I would do anything to spend time in Ireland. I think it is a beautiful country.
44. I love to take pictures—I like to be able to look back on the memories—plus, I make killer scrapbooks!
45. I’m both Irish and Italian—although I look as if I am 100% Irish most days. This means my skin is very fair but I tan nicely, except for when I burn, then neither one of my nationalities can help.
46. I hate my arms. When I asked my mom why she wore a long-sleeved wedding dress, she said two things: 1) it was the style then, and 2) “I hate my arms.” Well mom, tack that on the list of things I’ve grudgingly inherited from you—some day, when I’m rich and famous, I’ll get a personal trainer to fix this problem for us both.
47. No matter what I say, I always manage to wait until the last minute to do everything. Mentally, I prepare and know what I have to do, and make checklists in my mind, yet somehow, it’s usually 3am the night before, and I’m packing, or doing whatever else it was I had to do.
48. I love angels. When I was a kid, my nana called me her angel, so I was always getting angel-related presents—I have quite the collection of angels.
49. My ability to write with little effort, and in record time, is the envy of many of my friends.
50. Since I graduated high school, I grew into myself and my view of the world has changed. I think this has to do with working for Bridge2Life. I love my campers unconditionally, and loving and learning through them has taught me a great deal: things are never as bad as they seem, don’t sweat the small stuff, and most importantly love, and be grateful for, what you have, especially your family.
51. Ever since Kyle was sick, I’ve become slightly compulsive over certain things; especially cleanliness. Don’t even talk to me about my feelings on a dirty bathroom.